— On February 26, 1917, Mount McKinley National Park was established. At that time, its size was around 2,146,000 acres. In 1976, President Jimmy Carter designated the park an international biosphere reserve. Finally, in 1980, the original Mount McKinley National Park and Denali Preserve were merged and became Denali National Park and Preserve, preserving over six million acres of land! This photo is 12 years old and was taken at the Eielson Visitor Center area at 3,733 ft high. Denali was hidden in the clouds in the horizon. Happy birthday!
Camera: Canon PowerShot G5
Taken: 15 June, 2004
Focal length: 7.1875mm
Location: 63° 25.864′ 0″ N 150° 18.6867′ 0″ W
Shutter speed: 1/1000s